Saturday, June 14, 2014

Journey to Detroit--Complete!

Greetings from the grand ol' city of Detroit, Michigan!! For those of you that don't know, I'm here for the 221st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).

As it is my job, I should tell you...if you want to follow the news stories from GA go to the news page for PC(USA). And if you want to find stuff on Twitter check out #ga221 or @presbyGA and @PresbyNews. AND pictures can be found through @presby_news on Instagram. So there's that...end PR rant.

Now, as some of you may have seen, my trip to Detroit was a little more eventful than would have been preferred. Of course on my first big solo trip, my luggage was lost. OF COURSE! But, my clothes have finally caught up to me and life will go on. And, for better or for worse, I got to do some shopping in Detroit to get a few clothing items so I wasn't stuck in the same things for more than 48 hours. But, c'est la vie!

Since I've been here, I've written two stories (both this morning) as well as helped out at the Young Adult booth in the exhibit hall and met up with old friends. There is a saying that GA is like a family reunion, and it is so true. Many people that come to GA come more than once, and so many faces end up being familiar after being at a few. It's been great to see people, especially when they pop up with their cute new babies!

Alright, time to go for now...it's almost time for the Moderator Election, and I'm on Twitter duty. As always, thanks for following me on this crazy journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment