Friday, May 9, 2014

Why are we here, again?

Alright. So, here I am, about to finish up my sophomore year of college. It's been a whirlwind of craziness, from changing my major/minor combination, having my heart broken, realizing what I really want to do with my life, discovering (at least a piece) of what God's plan is for me, losing one of my best friends in a car accident and...GETTING AN INTERNSHIP. Yes. An internship. In my old Kentucky home, nonetheless.

And I repeat, so here I am, about to finish up my sophomore year of college. Tomorrow, I will attend my last final (more like presentation period), load up the car, and camp out in Youngstown until Sunday, when my dad and I will make the trek down to Louisville so that I can begin a new chapter of my life as an intern with the Presbyterian Mission Agency. There, I will be writing, editing, and helping to revamp The Mission Yearbook, Presbyterians Today, and The Presbyterian News Service.

Crazy stuff, right? I'm 20 years old, and in just one week I will be working, doing what I want to do for the rest of my life.

And that, ladies and gents, is the real reason that I am here right now. I am inviting you to share in my journey this summer, and probably beyond this summer, as I figure out my life. The only thing that is truly certain is that I will be doing it all with a pen (and laptop, and smartphone, and maybe someday tablet) in hand.

Here we go...cheers to Summer 2014, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment